This week Bungie said that in Season 19, the next season of Destiny 2, they will be looking at 26 different Exotic weapons, focusing on those that are underutilized and underperforming. Although they said there were some nerfs in there, and we already know of a major one, Divinity.
So I’m going to say maybe 20 of those 26 are buffs, and as such I’m going to make a list of the top 20 Exotic weapons that I think are the most underused or underperforming in the game by this moment. Some may be old, some new, but all could use a helping hand. At first I tried to go in order, but it was difficult because many of them are very underperforming. So it’s a handbag.
1. Brain+1 – It’s a fun weapon, but not good enough to be useful in most cases. i mean if you want to to give him explosive tricks, I’m not going to complain.
2. Sweet business – I swear to god they did like four different buffs to this thing and it still isn’t great. Keep on going.
3. Monte Carlo – The only thing I really need here is the ability to stab people with the bayonet like a sword, which Bungie hinted could actually happen.
4. Stronghold – Bastion’s exotic perk is basically…nothing, as it’s far from the only kinetic slotted fusion rifle out there now. Needs a push and an extra trick up its sleeve.
5. The story of the dead – It’s been nerfed to the point of annoying, so it’s time to give it back some of its magic.
6. Wave separator – This has a point where it was super easy to give it Volatile spins, but it’s outclassed by Ruinous Effigy and much less interesting. Needs help.
7. Borealis – Exotic snipers are always hard to fix, but Borealis has been underwhelming for pretty much the entire lifespan of Destiny 2.
8. Ruthless – This was a bit of a buff a while ago but still too uninteresting to use.
9. Hard Light – Other than that weird Trials weekend where everyone was bouncing Hard Light off the walls, this gun never really had its moment in the sun. Could do something fun with the 3.0 element here.
10. Polaris Spear – Although giving Sunshot solar 3.0 perks might break it, I think you could spare a few for Polaris Lance here and that would be fine. Incandescent, anyone?
11. Pick it up – Really, at this point, this thing just needs a catalyst. Ravenous beast boosts that don’t break PvP, maybe.
12. Eriana’s Wish – Was essential until it was no longer because Arbalest threw it in the trash. Needs help.
13. Symmetry “I keep forgetting that this weapon exists.
14. Tommy’s Matchbook – Sounds like another candidate for Solar 3.0 integration if you ask me.
15. All Exotic Glaives – I hold to the idea that all of these require fundamental reworking in terms of activating their Exotic perks rather than the clunky grip to reload the thing. It’s way too clunky and I still hate the whole thing.
16. The Prospector – It had maybe 30 seconds where it was one of the best DPS options but it’s boring and needs help.
17. GIVE US – Even with some massive buffs, this has yet to be meta and still looking for a good place to exist in the heavy slot.
18. Whisper of the Worm – No longer needs to be nerfed like it was back when it ruled the slot. It’s time to restore it to some of its former glory.
19. The Queenbreaker – You could argue that this has the fewest use cases for a weapon in the entire game.
20. The Handle of Salvation – Sorry, sorry, you could argue that THIS has the fewest use cases for a weapon in the entire game. Lord, this thing…
So that’s my list. Something to add ?
Follow me on Twitter, Youtube, Facebook and instagram. Subscribe to my free weekly content newsletter, God rolls.
Pick up my sci-fi novels Herokiller Series and The Earthborn Trilogy.
#Destiny #Exotic #Weapons