And a little something for Play Games for PC
The September package of Google System Updates was released a few weeks ago, although in fact we reported a lot of features earlier. It turns out, however, that we have a few stragglers who crossed the finish line late, so we wanted to make sure you knew what was officially coming with which component update.
Google has extended multi-region access to its Play Games for PC beta, which lets users sideload Android games onto their Windows machines. With a belated Play Store update to v32.4, the company seems to be catching up as it will now list the specific availability of titles based on the market the user is in.
In July, Google introduced support for smart audio switching that lets Android figure out where to route audio when it comes to multiple multipoint Bluetooth devices. This support was initially limited to Pixel Buds Pro, but it was supposed to expand to third-party hardware like JBL and Sony at some point. Consider this point – it is with version 31.22 of Google Play Services. No, we don’t know why such an old update for a feature that should have rolled out months ago is now being added to the September updates, but at least it’s been duly noted.
The full changelog for these updates is available below. You can view all Google System Update change logs from Google. Keep in mind the footnotes that dictate functionality associated with a Google Play system update, Google Play Store app v32.4, or a specific version of Google Play Services.
- [Phone] Allows users to hide recommended apps during the Google Kids Space onboarding process.
- [Auto, Phone, TV, Wear] Sync and account recovery improvements.
- [Phone] Ability to install Google Kids Space on the secondary user of a tablet during device setup.
- [Phone] Bug fixes for system management and diagnostics, and utility-related services.
- [Phone] With the migration of parental approval and consent to Google Material 3, users will experience a more consistent user interface experience that adheres to Google design standards.
- [Phone] Switches Bluetooth audio devices between supported phones and watches for calls.
Google Play Store
- New features to help you discover the apps and games you love.
- Optimizations allowing faster and more reliable download and installation.
- Ongoing improvements to Play Protect to protect your device.
- Various performance optimizations, bug fixes, and security, stability, and accessibility improvements.
- [Wear OS] With Play Store updates on the Wear OS homepage, users can experience a new content display that makes it easier to find recommended apps.
- [Wear OS] When users install an app on their Wear OS device that requires a companion app, their mobile device automatically installs the companion app.
- [Wear OS] New secondary menu to allow users to browse recommended apps for their Wear OS, Android TV or Android Auto devices from their Android phones.
- [Phone] Learn more about Play’s Top Picks by expanding the results to see more app or game details right in the Play’s Top Picks module.
- [Phone] Help users make better installation decisions with updates to app detail pages.
- [Phone] Check the status of app installs that occur on other devices you own.
- [Phone] Optimize menu navigation for large screens in landscape mode.
- [Phone] Provide device security information from Google Play Protect in system security and privacy settings page on specific Android 13 devices.
- [Phone] Help users know the availability of titles for Google Play Games on PC.
- [Phone] Android 13 consumer education experience.
- [Auto, Phone] Autofill will now notify users if their login credentials were found during a public data breach.
- [Phone] Now you can get visual feedback when you lock, unlock or start your car with a digital car key.
- [Wear OS] This feature allows you to add new payment methods to Google Pay in Japan.
- [Phone] Enable the display of open-loop transit agencies in the list of purchasable transit passes.
- New developer features for Google and third-party app developers to support developer services related to account management, machine learning and AI, security, and privacy in their apps.
- Updates to system management services that improve device performance, device connectivity, network usage, security, stability, and upgradability.
 Available via Google Play system update for September
 Available via Google Play Services v36.22 updated 09/29/2022
 Available via Google Play Store v32.4 updated 09/30/2022
 Available via Google Play Services v39.22 updated 09/29/2022
 Available via Google Play Services v31.22 updated 09/29/2022
#Latest #Google #System #Updates #Bring #Forgotten #Audio #Switching #Feature